Rejected Press Releases, Top Reasons

About 90% of the press releases being submitted to us are being accepted. Most of the other 10% have the following problems:

1. They are written in ALL CAPS. They need to be written in regular sentience case and NOT ALL CAPS!

2. The press release is to short. You need at least 200 words. 400 is best.

3. No contact info. You need to list a "media contact" at the top or bottom of the press release. This includes a name and email or phone for the media to contact the author or company if they have questions about the press release.

4. Written as a sales pitch. Your press release needs to announce news, not pitch your product / service to the public. Please view other press releases on our site to get a feel for what kind of news can be announced.


This press release has been viewed 13098 times on PR Buzz.